Who We Are: Access by BMW and its affiliates (“Access”).
What Information We Collect: Information, including Personal Information, that you provide to us (such as your contact information, payment information, and driver’s license information); that we obtain from third parties (such as motor vehicle record checks and LexisNexis RiskView checks); and that we obtain automatically (such as location information, your device ID, and cookie information).
How We Disclose Information: We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties. We disclose Personal Information either with your consent or to service providers (to the extent necessary to provide you the Service), our partners, companies that provide you services, and other parties in legal actions, investigations, and merger and acquisition transactions.
Contact Us by Email at: email@example.com.
1. Types of Information We Collect
In order to provide the Service to you, we need to collect certain information, including Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify or contact you.
This section provides examples of the types of information we collect:
Information You Provide
- Name, address, and contact details, including phone number and email;
- Date of birth, driver’s license number and a copy of your driver’s license;
- Credit card information (which we process through a third-party service provider);
Information We Receive from Third Parties (such as vendors and consumer reporting agencies)
- Driving record and accident history;
- Information about your credit history or other information about you from consumer reporting agencies.
Information We Collect through Your Use of the Service
- Location data such as geographic location of electronic devices used to contact us or to access the Site or App or of the vehicle you are using;
- Information regarding the vehicles you drive during your subscription period, including details about your reservations, the dates, times and locations of use, mileage, charges you incur, driving performance, accidents, and other data;
- Information transmitted by your device or browser, such as your IP address, device ID, location data, the type of browser you are using to access the Service, and the identity of the Service page or feature you are requesting (“Server Log Information”);
2. How We Use Personal Information
The principle purposes for which we collect and store your Personal Information are to process your application and subscription agreement, allow you to reserve and use our vehicles and Service, authorize payment, bill you, respond to your inquiries, improve the Service, and maintain your account with us. We may also use information we collect from you to improve or develop new products, services, websites, and apps; to conduct research or analysis; comply with legal requirements; to protect our operations, rights, security, safety, or property; or for other purposes.
This section provides examples of how we use Personal Information:
If you provide your email address, we may send you communications with important information about your account and subscription, such as security alerts and payment receipts, and our newsletters. You may not be able to unsubscribe from receiving important Service-related communications during your subscription, but to unsubscribe from our newsletters, please use the opt-out link in the email footer.
If you provide your phone number in connection with a subscription, or by contacting us in any way, you give us your consent to call you on or send text messages to your mobile phone. You also consent to our use of auto-dialers and pre-recorded messages in connection with any such telephone call or text message, including calls or texts to mobile telephone numbers.
If you subscribe with us, in addition to your name and contact information, we will also collect and use your driver’s license number, payment information, and other information such as your driving record to determine whether you are eligible for the Program and to process and administer your subscription.
If you drive our vehicles, we use information collected from your use of our vehicles to bill you, respond to your inquiries, ascertain whether you are in compliance with our policies and rules, provide and improve our products and services and maintain your account with us, and to provide content and offers that we think may be of interest to you.
Our vehicles may be equipped with vehicle tracking and other technology. We use this information for a variety of important purposes. For example, we use GPS data to help you find our vehicles, to provide roadside assistance, to ensure that a vehicle is available at the place and time you have reserved, to ensure that the vehicle is not driven to unauthorized locations, and to locate a lost or stolen vehicle. We also maintain in-vehicle and in-equipment technologies to track and monitor performance of our vehicles and to assist us with ensuring that our vehicles are used only in accordance with applicable laws and our rules and policies.
Whenever you interact with the Service, we may use Server Log Information and Cookies for security purposes, to personalize the Service, to analyze trends, to administer the Service, and to gather broad demographic data for aggregate use. You may adjust your web browser or device settings if you do not wish to receive Cookies or allow access to your device ID or device’s geolocation information, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of the Service’s features. Please refer to your browser’s or device’s help pages to learn more about these functions.
3. How We Disclose Personal Information
- Our Service Providers. We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing the Service, such as technology development, administration, and marketing of the Service (through Clutch Technologies, LLC), credit card processing (through Stripe, Inc.), screening for Program eligibility (through Mitek Systems, Inc., Checkr, Inc., and LexisNexis Group) and hosting (Amazon Web Services, Inc.). We take appropriate measures to help ensure that our service providers provide the same level of protection for your Personal Information as we do.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, an analytics service to help us analyze the traffic on the Site. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of Personal Information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps.”
- Services You Use. We will also share your information with companies you use in connection with your subscription, such as your credit card provider and other companies that process your charges; any company or organization that is paying all or part of your charges; and any service provider you use, such as a repair provider, insurance company, or other vendor or provider in relation to any aspect of your subscription or use of our vehicles.
- Companies Involved in Merger and Acquisition Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of BMW or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Service, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts: We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any person.
4. Protection of Your Personal Information
While we use commercially reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing our files or tampering with the Service, we cannot guarantee that these efforts will always be successful. Your Personal Information may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to or from us.
5. Correcting, Updating, Accessing, or Removing Personal Information
Subscribers may log into the Service and correct or update certain Personal Information. In addition, you can request that we correct, update, or delete your Personal Information by emailing a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly process such requests in accordance with applicable law.
We will retain Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Please contact us if you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services. We will retain and use Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. Third-Party Websites; Tracking by Third Parties
The Service includes links to other websites that we do not control. Even if an affiliation exists between BMW and a third-party website, each of these linked websites maintains its own independent privacy and data collection policies, which we encourage you to consult.
We do not include any features on the Site or App that allow a third party to track you, in personally identifiable form, on the Site or App.
Without an industry or legal standard for interpreting Do Not Track Signals (“DNT”) sent to us by your browser, we do not respond to DNT signals at this time. To learn more about how DNT works, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com/.
7. Users from Outside the United States
The Service is intended for residents of the United States. If you are using the Service from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in the country in which you are using the Service. By using the Service, you consent to your information being transferred to and processed in the United States.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users that are residents of California to request the following information regarding our disclosure of your personal information (as defined by California law) to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes: (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to certain third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year; (ii) the identity of certain third parties that received personal information from us for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year; and (iii) examples of the products or services marketed (if we have that information). If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at email@example.com.
9. No Children
This Service is not for use by children. Any information we receive from users we believe to be children will be purged from our database.
217-07 Northern Boulevard Corporation d/b/a Access by BMW
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey 07677-7731